March 08, 2009
Last night we were again hit by another storm, driving rain and severe gusts. Both masts and the Spiderbeam again suffered damage. It was at this point we decided it was time to abandon the contest and go home to our warm beds. The contest has been hard work and its a shame that a lot of work was put into the set up of the station by our members. These things, unfortunately, happen! Today we will assess the damage but it looks as if its going to be quite expensive to replace the parts for both masts. At least we have a local radio rally coming up in the next few months which will help raise our funds.